Charles M. Schulz
Cartoonist, Comic Strip Creator
1922 – 2000
Who was Charles M. Schulz?
Charles Monroe Schulz, nicknamed Sparky, was an American cartoonist, best known for the comic strip Peanuts. He is widely regarded as one of the most influential cartoonists of all time, cited as a major influence by many later cartoonists. Calvin and Hobbes-creator Bill Watterson wrote in 2007: "Peanuts pretty much defines the modern comic strip, so even now it's hard to see it with fresh eyes. The clean, minimalist drawings, the sarcastic humor, the unflinching emotional honesty, the inner thoughts of a household pet, the serious treatment of children, the wild fantasies, the merchandising on an enormous scale -- in countless ways, Schulz blazed the wide trail that most every cartoonist since has tried to follow."
- I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
- Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. If makes it feel needed.
- My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right.
- Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed.
- I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
- The way I see it, it doesn't matter what you believe just so you're sincere.
- Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
- I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.
- It doesn't matter what you believe just so long as you're sincere.
- Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Charles M. Schulz." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2019. Web. 19 Nov. 2019. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/charles_m_schulz>.
Discuss this Charles M. Schulz biography with the community:
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Nov 26, 1922
- Also known as
- Charles Schulz
- Charles Schultz
- Charles M Schulz
- Charles Monroe Schulz
- Charles Monroe Schultz
- C. M. Schulz
- Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
- Secular Humanism
- United States of America
- Central High School
- Lived in
- Saint Paul
- Santa Rosa
- Feb 12, 2000
on July 23, 2013