Who is Hannah Pik-Goslar?
Hannah 'Hanneli' Elizabeth Goslar is a former nurse who is best known for her strong and close friendship with diarist Anne Frank. Both Hannah and Anne had attended the Sixth Public Montessori School in Amsterdam and then the Jewish Lyceum.
- ‘Anne thought that her parents were dead. I have always thought that if Anne had known that her father was still alive, she would have found the strength to go on living.’
- I try to be compassionate, but I'm not sure it's the result of war.
- I often feel Anne's presence with me because I go around speaking about her very often.
- I always stayed in touch with Mr. Frank until his death. We were always corresponding. I used to call him Oom Otto — Uncle Otto. He visited us also several times in Israel with his second wife.
- I'm happy that people hear about the Holocaust. I don't care how they know. Through Anne, lots of people learn about what the Germans did to the Jewish people.
- 'I was shivering in darkness when I suddenly heard a voice; 'Lies, Lies where are you?' It was Anne, and I ran in the direction of the voice, and then I saw her beyond the barbed wire. She was in rags. I saw her emaciated, sunken face in the darkness. Her eyes were very large. We cried and cried, for now there was only the barbed wire between us, nothing more. And no longer any difference in our fates.'
- ''I'm not exacity sure which of the other children were Jewish. You don't pay attention to that. They knew that I was, because on Saturdays, on Shabbat, I didn't go to school. But lots of other Jewish children, such as Anne, did go.''
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Hannah Pik-Goslar." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 19 Jan. 2021. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/hanneli_goslar>.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Nov 12, 1928
- Also known as
- Hannah Elisabeth Goslar
- Hanneli Pick-Goslar
- Hanna Elisa Goslar
- Hannelie Goslar
- Hannah Elisabeth Pick
- Hannah Goslar Pick
- Hannah Goslar Pik
- Jewish people
- Jewish Lyceum
- Montessori Lyceum Amsterdam
- Lived in
on July 23, 2013