Game Show Host, Author
Who is Ben Stein?
Benjamin Jeremy "Ben" Stein is an American actor, writer, lawyer, and commentator on political and economic issues. He attained early success as a speechwriter for American presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. Later, he entered the entertainment field and became an actor, comedian, and Emmy Award-winning game show host.
Stein has frequently written commentaries on economic, political, and social issues, along with financial advice to individual investors. He is the son of economist and writer Herbert Stein, who worked at the White House under President Nixon. His sister, Rachel, is also a writer. While, as a character actor, he is well known for his droning, monotone delivery, in real life he is a public speaker on a wide range of economic and social issues.
- The human spirit needs to accomplish, to achieve, to triumph to be happy.
- Personal relationships are the fertile soil from which all advancement, all success, all achievement in real life grows.
- No one will do it for you.
- You can do what you think you can do and you cannot do what you think you cannot
- There is no sudden leap into the stratosphere. There is only advancing step by step, slowly and tortuously, up the pyramid towards your goals.
- Somewhere there is a map of how it can be done.
- You must take the first step. The first steps will take some effort, maybe pain. But after that, everything that has to be done is real-life movement.
- It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life. The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated... it is finished when it surrenders.
- The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.
- Nothing happens by itself. It all will come your way, once you understand that you have to make it come your way, by your own exertions.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Nov 25, 1944
- Also known as
- Jeremy Benjamin Stein
- Benjamin Jeremy Stein
- Benjamin J. Stein
- Benjamin Stein
- Benjamin Jeremy "Ben" Stein
- Jewish people
- United States of America
- Columbia University
- Yale Law School
- Columbia College of Columbia University in the City of New York
- Montgomery Blair High School
- Yale University
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- Lived in
- Beverly Hills
- Washington, D.C.
on July 23, 2013