Comedian, TV Writer
Who is Bill Cosby?
William Henry "Bill" Cosby Jr. is an American comedian, actor, author, television producer, educator, musician and activist. A veteran stand-up performer, he got his start at the hungry i in San Francisco and various other clubs, then landed a starring role in the 1960s action show I Spy. He later starred in his own sitcom, The Bill Cosby Show. He was one of the major performers on the children's television series The Electric Company during its first two seasons, and created the educational cartoon comedy series Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, about a group of young friends growing up in the city. Cosby also acted in a number of films.
During the 1980s, Cosby produced and starred in one of the decade's defining sitcoms, The Cosby Show, which aired eight seasons from 1984 to 1992. It was the number one show in America for five straight years. The sitcom highlighted the experiences and growth of an affluent African-American family. He also produced the spin-off sitcom A Different World, which became second to The Cosby Show in ratings. He starred in the sitcom Cosby from 1996 to 2000 and hosted Kids Say the Darndest Things for two seasons.
- That married couples can live together day after day is a miracle the Vatican has overlooked.
- A word to the wise isn't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need all the advice.
- Parents are not quite interested injustice, they are interested in quiet.
- There is no labor a person does that is undignified; if they do it right.
- Even though your kids will consistently do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to do, you have to keep loving them just as much.
- If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.
- The very first law in advertising is to avoid the concrete promise and cultivate the delightfully vague.
- I wasn't always black... There was this freckle, and it got bigger and bigger.
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
- No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Jul 12, 1937
- Also known as
- The Cos
- William Henry Cosby, Jr
- William Henry Cosby Jr.
- William Henry Cosby, Jr.
- William Cosby Jr.
- William H. Cosby
- William H Cosby Jr
- William H. Cosby Jr. Ed.D.
- William H. Cosby Jr. Ed.D
- Ed.D Dr. William H. Cosby Jr.
- Camille O. Cosby
(1964/01/25 - )
- Camille O. Cosby
- African American
- United States of America
- Germantown High School
- Central High School
- Temple University
- Mary Channing Wister School
- Thomas FitzSimons High School
- Lived in
on July 23, 2013