1895 – 1983
Who was Buckminster Fuller?
Fuller published more than 30 books, coining or popularizing terms such as "Spaceship Earth", ephemeralization, and synergetic. He also developed numerous inventions, mainly architectural designs, including the widely known geodesic dome. Carbon molecules known as fullerenes were later named by scientists for their resemblance to geodesic spheres.
- Does humanity have a chance to survive lastingly and successfully on planet Earth, and if so, how?
- Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.
- Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.
- If humanity does not opt for integrity we are through completely. It is absolutely touch and go. Each one of us could make the difference.
- I'm not a genius. I'm just a tremendous bundle of experience.
- The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
- Our power is in our ability to decide.
- God is a verb.
- You can't learn less.
- Most of my advances were by mistake. You uncover what is when you get rid of what isn't.
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Buckminster Fuller." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 22 Apr. 2021. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/buckminster_fuller>.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Jul 12, 1895
- Also known as
- Richard Buckminster Fuller
- R. Buckminster Fuller
- Bucky Fuller
- Anne Fuller
(1917/07/12 - 1983/07/01)
- Anne Fuller
- White American
- United States of America
- Milton Academy
- Bates College
- Harvard University
- Black Mountain College
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Lived in
- Jul 1, 1983
on July 23, 2013