1834 – 1907
Who was Dmitri Mendeleev?
Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev was a Russian chemist and inventor. He formulated the Periodic Law, created his own version of the periodic table of elements, and used it to correct the properties of some already discovered elements and also to predict the properties of elements yet to be discovered.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Feb 8, 1834
- Also known as
- Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev
- Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleyev
- Dmitry Ivanovich Mendeleyev
- Eastern Orthodox Church
- Russian Empire
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg
- Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology
- Feb 2, 1907
on July 23, 2013
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Dmitri Mendeleev." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 1 Dec. 2021. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/dmitri_mendeleev>.