1683 – 1765
Who was Edward Young?
- Procrastination is the thief of time: Year after year it steals, till all are fled, and to the mercies of a moment leaves The vast concerns of an eternal scene.
- All men think that all men are mortal but themselves.
- Those who build beneath the stars build too low.
- The man that makes a character, makes foes.
- The purpose firm is equal to the deed.
- Virtue alone has majesty in death.
- The man that blushes is not quite a brute.
- By night an atheist half believes in God.
- Illustrious examples engross, prejudice, and intimidate. They engross our attention, and so prevent a due inspection of ourselves; they prejudice our judgment in favor of their abilities, and so lessen the sense of our own; and they intimidate us with the
- To leave a sting within a brother's heart.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Jul 3, 1683
- New College, Oxford
- Corpus Christi College, Oxford
- Winchester College
- Apr 5, 1765
on July 23, 2013
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Edward Young." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 29 Jul 2021. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/edward_young>.