Novelist, Fictional Character Creator
Who is Chris Morris?
Christopher Morris is a musician, singer/song-writer, guitarist and composer born in New York in 1946. He is also well known as an author and defense policy expert. Christopher Morris created the Christopher Morris Band, whose MCA album brought him international recognition on album-oriented radio stations, with eight out of nine songs receiving significant airplay. The album "Christopher Morris Band" included such talent as Vince Colaiuta, the Tower of Power Horn section; Emil Richards and Milt Holland, percussionists; and the Ron Hicklin Singers. Christopher Morris was one of the first creators of "fusion" music, a label given his work in 1977 by Ken Tucker in Rolling Stone Magazine. Christopher Morris was also the band leader for Al Kooper's "Act Like Nothing 's Wrong" 1976 tour. Morris's bands have consistently provided musical exposure to emerging talent, and have included such musicians as Vince Colaiuta (named Drummer of the Year for twelve consecutive years), Tim Landers, Leslie Kuipers, Ted Lo, Gerry Etkins, all of whom subsequently achieved musical notability. In 2010, Morris released his second album, "Everybody Knows," on Singing Horse Records, an album including "The Sacred Band March" which related directly to his fictional series of novels, "The Sacred Band," written with his wife, Janet Morris.
- The gods gave us horses so we wouldn't have to fight on foot.
- Hero-cults complicate everything in a Sacred Band.
- "It makes me irritable when people come around asking for trouble and I don't have any ready for them. Now I'll have to go find them and deliver some."
- "Wanting neither too much to live, nor too much to die."
- "I have my mind, my body, my soul -- my maat. I'm not trading any of it away for special favors. You've taught me that nothing can be had without cost."
- "Look around you. It's an honor to fight beside you. Today we choose to fight. For the freedom to fight on other days. So we remember what's worth fighting for."
- “We really saw her…Harmony,” said Lysis, his eyes aglow.
- Nature has a surer plan than mortals can devise.
- Nonlethal weapons can provide life-conserving, environmentally friendly, and fiscally-responsible options between talking and shooting.
- "Survival has its own etiquette."
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Chris Morris." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Web. 25 Nov. 2020. <https://www.biographies.net/biography/chris-morris/m/047slxn>.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
New York City
- Also known as
- Christopher Crosby Morris
- Christopher C. Morris
- Christopher Morris
- United States of America
- Lived in
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
on July 23, 2013