Playwright, Film story contributor
1889 – 1981
Who was Anita Loos?
- There is a serious defect in the thinking of someone who wants -- more than anything else -- to become rich. As long as they don't have the money, it'll seem like a worthwhile goal. Once they do, they'll understand how important other things are -- and have always been.
- Show business is the best possible therapy for remorse.
- Pleasure that isn't paid for is as insipid as everything else that's free.
- There's nothing colder than chemistry.
- The people I'm furious with are the Women's Liberationists. They keep getting up on soapboxes and proclaiming women are brighter than men. That's true, but it should be kept quiet or it ruins the whole racket.
- If we have to tell Hollywood good-by, it may be with one of those tender, old-fashioned, seven-second kisses exchanged between two people of the opposite sex, with all their clothes on.
- Fate keeps on happening.
- Does this boat go to Europe, France?
- I really think that American gentlemen are the best after all, because kissing your hand may make you feel very good but a diamond and a sapphire bracelet lasts forever.
- A girl with brains ought to do something with them besides think.
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Apr 26, 1889
- Also known as
- Corinne Anita Loos
- United States of America
- Aug 18, 1981
New York City
- Resting place
on July 23, 2013