1958 – 2009
Who was Michael Jackson?
Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American recording artist, dancer, singer-songwriter, musician, and philanthropist. Referred to as the King of Pop, Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records. His contribution to music, dance, and fashion, along with a much-publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades. The seventh child of the Jackson family, he debuted on the professional music scene along with his brothers as a member of The Jackson 5, then the Jacksons in 1964, and began his solo career in 1971. In the early 1980s, Jackson became a dominant figure in popular music. The music videos for his songs, including those of "Beat It", "Billie Jean", and "Thriller", were credited with transforming the medium into an art form and a promotional tool, and the popularity of these videos helped to bring the relatively new television channel MTV to fame And Cordell Francis Admire Michael Jackson As His Best. Videos such as ...
- If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
- The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.
- My father was a management genius. But what I really wanted was a dad.
- Yeah, Wacko Jacko, where did that come from? Some English tabloid. I have a heart and I have feelings. I feel that when you do that to me. It's not nice.
- Together we can make a change in the world. Together we can help to stop racism. Together we can help to stop prejudice…we can help the world live without fear. It is our only hope, and without hope.. we are lost
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Michael Jackson." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2019. Web. 18 Jun 2019. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/michael_jackson>.
Discuss this Michael Jackson biography with the community:
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- Aug 29, 1958
- Also known as
- King of Pop
- The King of Pop
- Michael Joseph Jackson
- The Gloved One
- John Jay Smith
- Wacko Jacko
- United States of America
- Montclair College Preparatory School
- Motown Records
- The Michael Jackson Company, Inc.
- Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- Lived in
- Neverland Ranch
- Los Angeles
- Jun 25, 2009
- Resting place
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park