Who is Patrick Soon-Shiong?
Patrick Soon-Shiong is a South African-born American surgeon, medical researcher, businessman, philanthropist, and professor at University of California at Los Angeles. He is currently chairman of the Chan Soon-Shiong Family Foundation and chairman and CEO of the Chan Soon-Shiong Institute for Advanced Health, National LambdaRail, the Healthcare Transformation Institute and NantWorks, LLC. He is minority owner of the Los Angeles Lakers and is ranked by Forbes as the wealthiest American in the healthcare industry and the wealthiest man in Los Angeles.
We need you!
Help us build the largest biographies collection on the web!
- United States of America
- South Africa
- Doctor of Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand
- Bachelor of Science, University of the Witwatersrand
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of British Columbia
- Chief Executive Officer, Abraxis BioScience, Inc.
(1991 - )
- Faculty member, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
(1983 - 1991)
on July 23, 2013
Use the citation below to add to a bibliography:
"Patrick Soon-Shiong." Biographies.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 2 Jul 2022. <https://www.biographies.net/people/en/patrick_soon_shiong>.