T. P. Figgis
1858 – 1948
Who was T. P. Figgis?
Some of his best-known works are the original station buildings for the City & South London Railway which opened in 1890. Figgis designed the stations at Stockwell, Oval, Kennington, Elephant and Castle and Borough. When the C&SLR was extended, he later designed a station at Clapham North and the station and C&SLR's offices at Moorgate. Most of Figgis's buildings for the C&SLR have been replaced or substantially altered; only Kennington and Moorgate remain.
He undertook several commissions for the Presbyterian Church of England, including St Columba's Church, in Alfred Street, Oxford, an extension to St Paul's Church, Isle of Dogs, and St Ninian's Church, Golders Green.